Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Third Terminal

I was invited to an open house with my family on Sunday. It was a unique one, an open house of the Terminal 3, at the Singapore Changi International Airport.




The basic facilities were completed, but the whole place was undergoing renovation of the tenant’s shop lots. Being an engineering guy, the first thing I notice was of course the building services in the terminal. The roof of the building was covered with skylights which allow sunlight to penetrate and light up the place, there are very minimum light fittings in the main hall. Then there were air-conditioning outlet that is build very low above the ground, this contribute to energy saving since the system only need to cool the lower space where the human traffic is, rather than the whole hall which is easily 10 meters high. I also see more architectural features and lots of indoor plants at every corner as compare to terminal 1 & 2.





While my wife find the trip bore, I treat as just another family outing, the children and me enjoy ourselves take photo and playing catching in the big hall.

No comments: