Monday, November 5, 2007

Guard Mounting

I planned this outing about 3 week ahead, not that I am too busy but because it only happen once a month. I also did not dare to keep my children inform worrying that they will be bordering me everyday before the event and worse if I have to postpone to the next month. Anyway, when I tell my friends about my plan, they all give a sarcastic smile and a very simple remark, “无聊”.

So, this is it, the Changing of Guard Ceremony at the Istana. This ceremony only happen on the first Sunday of every month.

There are people waiting at the place even earlier than us when we arrive at about 5 pm. I find a good spot for my family to view the ceremony before getting some drinks as we have to stand there for the next 45 minutes.



The old guards match to the main entrance and wait for the new guards’ arrival at 5.40 pm.




At 5.45 pm sharp, the Silent Precision Drill Squad leads the new guards match in with the company of the Military Band. The new guards then started taking over the duty from old guards.







The next thing is the rifle precision drill performance by the Silent Precision Drill Squad which last for about 5 minutes.




At the end of the drill performance, we come to the end of the ceremony as the old guards complete the handing over of duty to the new guards and match off with the military Band.

No comments: