Sunday, November 11, 2007

Healthy Living

While reading SgRunners few days back, I registered for a talk, as its title says “Fit for Running” the talk was meant to create awareness and prepare runners for the upcoming marathon event. I am not a marathon runner, but I still went on to attend the talk since I am almost 40 and have not been running for a long long time. Most of the subjects are quite dry, but I did the right thing to attend the talk. I learn to understand injuries, the preventions and managing them if it happens, I learn some techniques of strength training, and there are also what and how to eat and drink correctly for runners, lastly about the risk a runner face when running a marathon, why some runner died running. It was 3 hours well spend, at least I learn to run the right way, rather than sacrificing health for fitness.



Back home in the evening my wife suggested a family run, and so every member including my youngest daughter was at my usual running spot, and amazingly, she did 800 meters. Not bad for the first run of a 4 years old, really.

This is really one memorable Sunday in my life, not only did it motivate me to take a wider step in running towards my dream, it also marks a milestone in the family’s healthier lifestyle.

No comments: