Thursday, May 29, 2008

Runway Ride

Last Sunday, I brought my two girls and my wife to the National Runway Cycling 2008 at Paya Lebar Airbase, which is a key event of the National Family Week 2008.

The four of us wake up 5am in the morning. My plan was to get out of the house by 6am and reach there before 7am in order to secure a parking lot. The biggest challenge come first thing in the morning, there is loading four bicycle onto my car, two 26”, one 24” and one 20”. It was to me tougher than riding 6km on the runway actually.



There are 3 categories in the event, 6km family route, 15km leisure route and 45km endurance challenge. Needless to say, all four of us took up the 6km family ride. The two girls were very excited in front of the runway, but the 6km was quite an endurances test for them on their 24” and 20”, we could see from their expression at the end of the ride.



The event was well organised, booths were set up by SAFRA, and a few well known bike shop and supplier. There are also performances that keep us entertained while we rest after our ride. We left around noon, where we headed straight home and slept through the afternoon.

No comments: