Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Two Wheels Adventure

Nearly three months ago, I found a new reason to take my run more seriously. Running becomes a supplementary training for my new hobby, Mountain Biking. I brought my bike just two days before Chinese New Year, it’s a Scott Reflex 30.

When I decided to take up mountain biking, it appears to me that I will be doing slow trail riding with my family in the nature like what many did in the parks. So I went on to ride about fifteen kilometers of roads a few nights before to get me into the mood, and I thought I will be ok on the trail. But I was wrong. My first trip into the trail was shocking, my dream for the family ride got further, the stamina and skill needed to ride ten minute into the trail far exceed my fitness level. I felt like I am back to BMT training at the end of the trail, it was very "SIONG".

Nevertheless, I was determined to carry on with my new hobby, there is no turning back after throwing in close to a grand to acquire the necessary gadget. In fact, I even went on to get three more mountain bikes for my wife and the two elder daughters.

Last week, my effort is starting to pay off, I took my wife and eldest daughter to Gangsa Hill on two separate days, and they were coping well for a start. And although my big girl complains about the need to wash the bike after the trip, she is looking forward to the next trip.

No comments: