Monday, September 3, 2007

猪, 我来了!

Lunch on Saturday is never an easy decision for me, there are simple too much good food around this vicinity. But since my colleagues have been talking about Bak Kut Teh for the last few days, we somehow did not give much thought about other food. This is one store I have not visit for a while, nothing wrong with the taste but rather the availability of choice we have, Eng Kee Bak Kut Teh (永记肉骨茶). The store is situated at Ang Mo Kio Street 32, Block 341, parking is a breeze in this area.



We practically order every single dish on the manual except the tea, these include the pork rib (肉骨), trotter (猪脚), intestines (粉肠), liver (猪肝), deep-fried breadstick (油条) and Stewed vegetables (菜尾). The trotter is one of the best I have tried so far, the tendons is soft enough to give you the "melt in the mouth" feeling and yet the meat is still tender at the same time, very good balance that very few hawker store could achieve. This time round, I also get to try the intestines, which was out of stock during my last three visits. My only disappointment would be the liver which is not rare enough. I have also notice that the price have went up too.


No comments: