Saturday, August 25, 2007

Chinese Fast Food

Had my lunch at Shunfu Hawker Center today. We walk all the way into the hawker center and stop right in front of this store, Lai Heng Fried Kuay Teow.



We were there just before the crowd arrives. We made our order and the old lady speaks into a microphone like what they do in Burger King. We then proceed to about three tables away from the store. And there comes the surprise, the old lady is standing right behind us hold two plates of fried kuay teow as we were sitting down.

At $3 per plate, it certainly taste much better than many others, the cockles were of good size and they are fresh. All five of us emptied our plates.



But this is not good, I am spoiling myself, after last night's big feast. To make things worse, I still have to accompanying my wife’s friend from Hong Kong to try some nice food tonight. I will have to lighten my diet next week.

No comments: